Jun 14, 2009

5...Quick Way to Calm Down


Find Some Water
While watching Disney's "Pocahontas" the other day with my daughter Katherine (yes, I do get some of my best insights from cartoons), I observed the sheer joy the main character shows upon paddling down the river, singing about how she is one with the water.
It reminded me of how universal the mood effects of water are, and how healing.
On the rainy or snowy days that I can't walk the double stroller over to our local creeks, I do something the global-warming guys say not to;
take a long shower,
imagining that I am in the middle of a beautiful Hawaiian rain forest.
"Water helps in many ways,"
writes Elaine Aron.
"When overaroused, keep drinking it--a big glass of it once an hour.
Walk beside some water, look at it, listen to it.
Get into some if you can, for a bath or a swim.
Hot tubs and hot springs are popular for good reasons."
Water is very THERAPUTIC...I ACTUALLY CANNOT MOVE IN THE MORNINGS until I've had a shower...seriously...Water actives me!

No comments:

FREE

Live a balanced life - learn some & think some & draw

& PaInT & sInG & DaNcE & PlAy & WoRk every day some.

You & i... walking with me all this time

Prov. 31:17 She sets about her work vigorously

Prov. 31:17 She sets about her work vigorously

My Blog List

im a survivor

New Product 2010 !

Earn 75% With The Popular Satellite Tv Software. Our Online Tv Software Convert Better With The New Localized Landing Page System. To Get Your Special Auto Geo Targeted Link
Click Here!

Followers